19 April 2011

Snatchbiscuits

I have been wanting to get theses on the bogs but work has been beating me down. Art-wise it’s a pretty exciting time for me. I am expanding now into coloring my work digitally and no it will be sometime before I post that yet. Right now I am studying values and that is a hate-bucket of moneys right there.

For the last few months it’s been all about light and shadow. I have been practicing more, going back to basics of figure drawing , not to mention trying to learn the Riley method of art. Mostly because of this godsend of a site by John Ennis called The Reilly Papers

If you get a chance go look, the education is worth it.

Now to the posting:

I love Noir and this is one of those shots that tells you why. I don't exactly remember what this was for but I believe it was a comic cover to an indie project I helped out on. The next one was practice inking pages. it is a special skill to ink panels vs. whole splash pages. The only thing about the page I like is that I finished it.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

These last two pieces are RPG game art for a fantasy world.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Hope you likes see you on the flipside.

2 comments:

  1. What a great link with the Reilly Papers, thanks for sharing that.

    I really like your line and ink work in those pieces. To me, black and white drawings are the most difficult to get really solid and functioning but you pull it of so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice Phil. Its great to see your development with B&W man.

    ReplyDelete